Monday 15 March 2010

Weekend foods

Friday was Pizza Express Day.
He had a munch on some organix rice cakes (I'm thinking it was a mistake to get him these as he likes them a bit too much) before I handed over some pizza. It was quattro formaggi (sp?), so cheese and tomato on toast, essentially. Needless to say he loved it and munched away until all that as left was a soggy bit of crust.


Saturday he had crumpets for breakfast and the liked them a lot. Unfortunately they didn't like him and he gagged a lot. I suppose it's the texture he struggled with.
That night I made dinner for my parents. I made french onion soup; chicken stuffed with cheese (stilton or goats cheese, I made two of each because Mike hates Stilton) wrapped in parma ham with sweet potato mash; and sticky toffee pudding (I left that up to Cartmel Sticky Toffee Pudding Company, though the rest was from scratch)
Theo was feeling tired so just joined us for the soup (had to soak it in bread so he could hold it) Soup was a success.

On Sunday he had weetabix for breakfast and crumpets. Again he gagged on the crumpets, so we'll have to abandon them for the time being, which is a shame because he really liked them.
He had more soup for lunch as well as feta in pitta bread as well as some onions from the soup. He wasn't interested in the feta pittas, but the pitta soaked in soup and the onions went down a treat.
For dinner we went to Grandma and Grandpa's. He had honeydew melon, which he has decided isn't half bad, strawberry (tasty) melba toast, yorkshire pudding, and *sigh* mashed carrot (less said about that the better) and ice cream.

Tonight we are looking forward to chicken fajitas made by Daddy. Om nom nom.

Oh yes, I have been trying to get him to eat broccoli for over a week now, but every time he gets hold of it, he just waggles it about. Yesterday he finally had a bit of a lick, and was totally uninterested. I was actually a bit saddened because I as convinced he would love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment